When you choose to use WiFetch, you are trusting us with your personal data, and as a company committed to keeping that trust intact, we choose to start by helping you understand our privacy practices.
This notice describes the personal data we collect, how it’s utilized and shared, and your choices regarding this data. We recommend that you read this along with our privacy overview, which highlights key points about our privacy practices.
This notice applies to the users of WiFetch’s services within Barbados, including the use of any current or future services, websites, apps, or features.
This notice describes how WiFetch and its affiliates collect and use personal data. This notice applies to all users of our current or future services, websites, apps, or features, unless covered by a separate privacy notice. This notice specifically applies to:
B. Data controller and transfer
WiFetch is the sole data controller for the personal data collected in connection with use of WiFetch’s services in Barbados.
Questions, comments, and complaints about WiFetch’s data practices can be submitted to [email protected]
A. The data we collect
1. Data provided by users. This includes:
● User profile: We collect data at registration for the WiFetch service. This may include their name, email, phone number address, profile picture, and payment or banking information. For more information, please see the section titled “How we use personal data.”
● Background check and identity verification: We collect background check and identity verification information for drivers. This may include information such as driver history or criminal record (where permitted by law), and right to work.
● User content: We collect the information users submit when they contact WiFetch customer support. This may include feedback, or other recordings collected by users.
● Demographic data: We may collect demographic data about users, including through user surveys.
2. Data created during use of our services. This includes:
● Location data: We may collect precise or approximate location data from a user’s mobile device if submitted by the user, and the address and written directions to a user’s location.
● Transaction information: We collect transaction information related to the use of our services, including order details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, and payment method.
B. How we use personal data
WiFetch collects and uses data to enable reliable and convenient delivery. We may also use the data we collect:
WiFetch does not sell or share personal data with third parties for their direct marketing, except with user’ consent.
WiFetch uses the data it collects for the following purposes including:
1. Providing services and features. WiFetch uses the data we collect to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our products and services.
This includes using the data to:
● Create and update users’ accounts.
● Verify drivers identity, background history, and eligibility to work.
● Enable deliveries and other services.
● Offer, process, or facilitate payment for our services.
● Enable Accessibility features that make it easier for users with disabilities to use our services.
2. Safety and security. We use personal data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users. This includes:
This includes using the data to:
● Screening drivers before enabling their use of our services and at subsequent intervals, including through reviews of background checks, where permitted by law, to help prevent the use of our services by unsafe drivers.
3. Customer support. WiFetch uses the information we collect to provide customer support, including to:
● Direct questions to the appropriate customer support person
● Investigate and address user concerns
● Monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes
4. Research and development.
We may use the data we collect for testing, research, analysis, product development, and machine learning to improve the user experience. This helps us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, improve our ability to prevent the use of our services for improper or illegal purposes, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance in connection with our services.
5. Enabling communications between users.
For example, a drive may message or call a user to confirm a delivery or pickup location, or a user may contact WiFetch support to retrieve a lost item, or WiFetch may contact users with information about their order.
WiFetch may use the data we collect to market our services to our users. This includes sending users communications about WiFetch services, features, promotions, sweepstakes, studies, news, updates, and events. We may also reserve the right in future to send communications to our users about products and services offered by any WiFetch partners. Although we may send users communications about WiFetch partners’ products or services, we do not and will not sell users’ personal data to, or share it with, such partners or others for purposes of their own direct marketing or advertising, except with users’ consent. We may use the data we collect to personalize marketing communications (including advertisements) that we send, including based on past use of WiFetch’s services. We may also reserve the right in future to send users communications regarding elections, ballots, referenda, and other political and notice processes that relate to our services.
7. Non-marketing communications.
WiFetch may use the data we collet to generate and provide users with receipts; inform them of changes to our terms and services, policies; or send other communications that aren’t for the purposes of marketing the services or products of WiFtech or any future partners.
8. Legal proceedings and requirements.
We may use the personal data we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to the use of WiFetch’s services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
C. Data sharing and disclosure
Some of WiFetch’s products, services, and features require that we share data with other uses or at a user’s request. We may also share data with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
WiFetch may share the data we collect
1. With other users
This includes sharing:
● User’s first name, and pickup/delivery locations with drivers.
● User’s first name, delivery address and order information with their driver.
2. At the user’s request
This includes sharing data with:
● Other people at the user’s request. For example, if the user is unavailable to receive the goods or has ordered the goods for another individual, they may request that correspondence occurs with that individual.
3. With WiFetch service providers and business partners
WiFetch may provide data to vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms and other service providers or business partners. These include:
● Payment processor and facilitators
● Background check and identity verification providers (drivers only)
● Marketing partneres and marketing platform providers, including social media advertising services.
● Data analytics providers.
● Consultants, lawyers, accounts, and other professional service providers.
● Insurance and financing partners.
4. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
WiFetch may share users’ personal data if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns. This includes sharing personal data with law enforcement officials, public health officials other government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies; to protect WiFetch’s rights or property or the rights, safety, or property of others; or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share your personal data, or order information, with the owner of that card. This also includes sharing personal data with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
5. With consent
WiFetch may share a user’s personal data other than as described in this notice if we notify the user and they consent to the sharing.
D. Data retention and deletion
WiFetch retains user profile, transaction, and other personal data for as long as the user maintains their WiFetch account.
WiFetch may retain certain user data after receiving an account deletion request if necessary, such as to comply with legal requirements.
WiFetch retains user profile, transaction, and other information for as long as a user maintains their WiFetch account. For drivers, WiFetch also retains background check information (to the extent permitted by law) for as long as they remain drivers for WiFetch. WiFetch users may request deletion of their account at any time by contacting us at [email protected]. Following such requests, WiFetch deletes the data that it is not required to retain for purposes of regulatory, tax, insurance, litigation, or other legal requirements. In certain circumstances WiFetch may be unable to delete a user’s account, such as if there’s an outstanding credit on the account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, WiFetch will delete the account as described above. WiFetch may also retain certain information if necessary, for purposes of safety, security, and fraud prevention.
E. Grounds for processing
We only collect and use personal data where we have lawful grounds to do so. These include processing user personal data to provide requested services and features, for purposes of WiFetch’s legitimate interests or those of other parties, to fulfill our legal obligations, or based on consent.
We collect and use personal data only where we have one or more lawful grounds for doing so. Such grounds may vary depending on where our users are located, but generally include processing personal data:
a. To provide requested services and features
In order to provide our services, we must collect and use certain personal data. This includes:
● User profile data, which we use to establish and maintain user accounts; verify user identity; communicate with users about their, orders, and accounts; and enable users to make payments.
● Driver and user location data, which we use to track trips and assist with navigation.
● Transaction information
● Information relating to customer support
b. For purposes of the legitimate interests of Wifetch or other parties
This includes using personal data to maintain and enhance our users’ safety and security. This also includes purposes such as combating fraud; improving our services, direct marketing, research, and development; and enforcing WiFetch’s Terms of Service. In addition, it includes using personal data to the extent necessary for the interests of other people or the general public, such as in connection with legal or insurance claims, and to protect the rights and safety of others.
d. With consent
WiFetch may collect and use personal data based on the user’s consent. For example, we may collect personal data through voluntary surveys. Responses to such surveys are collected on the basis of consent and will be deleted once no longer necessary for the purposes collected. A user who has provided consent to a collection or use of their personal data can revoke it at any time. However, the user will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of that personal data.
We may occasionally update this notice. Use of our services after an update constitutes consent to the updated notice to the extent permitted by law.
We may occasionally update this notice. If we make significant changes, we will notify users in advance of the changes through the email or other means. We encourage users to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices.